Charging Rivian R1S Vs Charging Tesla What To Expect

JC Greene

Reaction score
Rivian
2025 Rivian R1S Limestone/Ocean Mist
So I had a Tesla before the Rivian R1S and a Porsche before the Tesla.

Going to electric you definitely get charging anxiety like what do I do if I can’t find one etc…How long will it take ...

Tesla did a good job of deploying their charging network so when I switched to the Rivian I had all this anxiety about finding new places to charge etc.
So far I’d say don’t let that worry you. I actually am using my old Tesla home charger by purchasing an adapter on Amazon for under $100.

In addition to that Rivian is sending me another adapter for fast charging at all Tesla super charging stations.

Another positive bonus is that Rivian also displays charging status on your Home Screen which I feel is a benefit over Tesla. To view Tesla charging you actually have to go in the app and get to that detail.

IMG_4470.pngIMG_4474.jpeg

I've never seen that green charging bar! Pretty neat. Be sure to start a thread later with your range experiences!

Actually you bring up a good point my range and battery life has been far superior to my Tesla model Y - I’ll start a new thread. Thx

I know me either and a couple days later I saw it showed the green bar on the back too. I’ll grab a photo next time.

Recent

I recently purchased a Rivian R1S and have...
If you’re coming from the EV world it’s...
I was super pumped (haha) to have the onboard...
Because these vehicles are scotch guarded...
So I had a Tesla before the Rivian R1S and a...
On my 4th day of owning my Rivian R1S, I kid...
If you're ever in the area and have some free...
Not sure if anyone else knows this hack, but...
General Ground Clearance Just got back from...
I picked up a sunshade for the big glass roof...
This trail is relatively easy but there are a...
Back