Rivian R1S Windshield Replacement Cost

JC Greene

Reaction score
Rivian
2025 Rivian R1S Limestone/Ocean Mist
On my 4th day of owning my Rivian R1S, I kid you not I already have a damn crack in the windshield. Beyond annoyed...has anyone had to replace their windshield yet? Do you have to go to Rivian only or do any other companies offer it?

z81wp-z7.jpeg

So my husband just told me that I guess you can have Rivian replace the windshield for $1700 - which sucks, I'm going to reach out to some other common places like Safelite and see what they say - I'll post the quote from Rivian once I get it so you all can have a reference point.

The quote from Rivian was around $1800 but the chip is likely to be repaired - no need for a full glass replacement here.

But for the people who need a full replacement. Here is what you can expect if you go directly through Rivian.

Total Estimated Cost: $1,846.04
Rivian Service will issue a new work estimate for you to approve before additional work begins.

Windhseild_Replacement-Quote.jpg

Yeah that's exactly what I was going to say, until it starts to spread, something like this is fillable. Much cheaper. And either way, isn't something like this at least partially covered by insurance?

Yeah, you don't need to replace that windshield. There are plenty of good DIY kits out there. Just search windshield chip kits on Amazon. Some of the good brands are 3M and JB weld makes one as well.

I got a quote from Safelite and they said it is $173 to repair and they will actually repair anything 6” or less.

On my 4th day of owning my Rivian R1S, I kid you not I already have a damn crack in the windshield. Beyond annoyed...has anyone had to replace their windshield yet? Do you have to go to Rivian only or do any other companies offer it?

View attachment 1110
Definitely a bummer that it happened so soon after purchasing the vehicle. I got a chip in my windshield after I just got it tinted (AZ) and then a week later, it turned into a crack going through the whole windshield. Luckily Geico replaced it for free with my glass coverage.

Definitely a bummer that it happened so soon after purchasing the vehicle. I got a chip in my windshield after I just got it tinted (AZ) and then a week later, it turned into a crack going through the whole windshield. Luckily Geico replaced it for free with my glass coverage.
Ugh sorry. I feel your pain. I’m going to look into Geico. AAA said they didn’t have parts for the Rivian yet which I thought was sus. 🤷🏼‍♀️ and I didn’t want to do a claim on my Progressive.

Recent

I recently purchased a Rivian R1S and have...
If you’re coming from the EV world it’s...
I was super pumped (haha) to have the onboard...
Because these vehicles are scotch guarded...
So I had a Tesla before the Rivian R1S and a...
On my 4th day of owning my Rivian R1S, I kid...
If you're ever in the area and have some free...
Not sure if anyone else knows this hack, but...
General Ground Clearance Just got back from...
I picked up a sunshade for the big glass roof...
This trail is relatively easy but there are a...
Back